happy {belated} anniversary to me

Monday, June 11, 2012




gold. michael kors. watch. i bought this a few weeks after my 30th birthday back in march. i really really wanted a gold watch. not any gold watch. this gold watch. everywhere i looked, i saw this gold watch calling to me. so when i got a little birthday money, i got on amazon and bought myself a birthday gift. a week after i bought this beautiful watch, i got hit with a $3000 tax bill. oh! trust me, you did NOT read that wrong. yup, i said $3000. husband may or may not have asked me to change my withholdings last year when i got hit with a $2300 tax bill, and i may or may not have changed my withholdings. needless to say when my watch arrived, husband gave me one look and said, "return that watch."

to be fair, husband did pay 2/3rds of my $3000 tax bill, so i guess it is ok that he demanded i return this watch. EVEN THOUGH $175 would really barely put a dent in the tax bill. but i did it anyway. i went back on to amazon, looked up the vendor and the return policies. i had exactly 30 days to return my watch - my beautiful gold watch. the only problem - there is no UPS anywhere near my office. so i took my watch and dramatically placed it in david's hands and asked him to return it for me. 

on may 18th, husband came home and ceremoniously wished me a happy belated anniversary and placed the watch in my hands. before you get to thinking that david was being romantic (which he can be sometimes), david simply forgot. it sat in the back of his car for over 30 days. so he {re}gifted the watch. and then asked where his anniversary gift was. 

happy anniversary indeed. i guess it worked out in the end. tax bill paid for and i got to keep the watch. not a bad third anniversary if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment