the bermuda triangle

Thursday, June 21, 2012

maybe it's the 102 degree heat, but i am not feeling particularly inspired to blog today - i've got no pictures to share, no witty story to tell.

but i'll leave my beloved readers with this gem of a find: if you are a highly educated, highly capable woman OR you are married to a highly educated, highly capable woman, do yourself a favor and read this thought provoking piece: "why women still can't have it all"

as a woman, i have struggled and often found myself lost in the triangle of: wife/future mother. higher education/higher powered career. and banner carrier of feminism and femininity. actually, i'm still figuring it out and i'm not sure if i'm going to disappear in the challenge and frustration of obtaining my vision of "having it all."  i find my position on wife-hood, homemaker, stay-at-home mom, professional career woman, advocate of higher and higher education for women constantly shifting. but when it comes down to it, i'm so grateful i have these choices - albeit tough choices. it's better than not having any choice at all.

after you've read this {lengthy} article, let me know your thoughts. do you have it all? what is "all" to you, and what tough choices have you made - are you making?

1 comment:

  1. I have been feeling the uninspired blogger blues lately... It probably does have something to do with the theme of this post and the article. As woman, it seems we do have so many things we can be and want to be... career woman, wife, mother, creative, active, healthy, happy... sometimes I feel like in an effort to have it all, I loose myself... and maybe a little of my mind ;)

    ReplyDelete