so happy together...

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And they lived happily ever after...

Three years ago, Husband and I stood before God and man to proclaim our love and commitment to one another. It's been a fast three years and a slow three years, full of joy, love, and dare I say it - lots of anger.   When we first were about to embark on a married life, that life of togetherness held so much promise of enduring happiness, romance, and love. We both believed that once we crossed that threshold of single to married, we would only live a life of loving each other more. What we have realized since getting married is that, yes we love each other more, more deeply than we could have imagined, but we also love our own selves more than we thought. What marriage has taught us is that where we each thought we loved the other more, the hard truth of the matter is that we each loved our own self more. That's why marriage is so hard and so rewarding. We have to work at letting our selfishness go, our sense of victimhood, our sense of being right; when we do, marriage is great - the sweetest. And when we don't - well, it's not so great, and yes husband and I happen to be masters at the latter, and only beginning to learn the former. Even though I am not always so good about expressing it, there's no one I'd rather have by my side,  fighting for me, and yes, even when he is fighting against me. I love him so. Happy Anniversary Hubby! High five for not killing each other...yet!


3 comments:

  1. hi gracie! I'm excited about your blog! Well said about marriage and congrats on three years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie! Can hardly believe it's been 3 years already...also noticing you posting this at 3:24 a.m. - you deserve a kudos for being mom of three on little sleep!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I love it and so excited to read! :)

    ReplyDelete