my silver tongued prince charming

Monday, January 14, 2013

my husband is so supportive. truly. he has a way with words that uplift me and take my self esteem to new found heights. i had a particularly hard day on friday - between an overwhelming work load and the overwhelming need to nest that drove me to my hands and knees vacuuming and mopping our apartment floor, i just could not handle the pregnancy anymore. this may have had something to do with the fact that i had not showered nor put on any makeup. it was a ghastly sight each time i walked by the mirror, covered in dust, "pregnancy shine" and that extra layer of pregnancy fat, gently surrounding my now rotund face. 

i tried to hold it together. i really did. i finally sat on the couch as evening approached, ready to catch up on downton abbey. but then i heard the key unlocking our front door and as soon as husband came through the door, i burst into tears. husband stared at me, not sure what to say, or what to do, while i tried to utter my suffering, through staggering breaths and intense sobbing. "i'm SO fat!. my face is as round as a basketball." husband, came over, put his hands around my face and replied, "babe, don't be silly. you're pregnant. you're supposed to gain weight. plus your face is not as round as a basketball. it's more like a honeydew."

so on saturday, while at costco, we decided to do a side by side comparison. what do you think? i may never be able to eat the much loathed honeydew every again. alternatively, my face could just be puffed up, along with the rest of me, after that pep talk. hard not get too big for my britches after husband's loving words of reassurance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment