Chester Cheetos is Not Welcome

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

you know the saying, "love has no limits,"? well, let me tell you, it does. love stops when crumbs in bed may be involved. 

last night, i found myself to be a particularly ravenous pregnant lady - i'm told the midnight munchies are an (un)fortunate symptom of pregnancy that gets progressively worse throughout the pregnancy. at first, i tried to fight it, as i heard momma chiang's voice in my head, "don't eat snacks too late at night." i'm pretty sure pizza at 12:05 a.m. would fall exactly in this category. so as i lamented  my state of starvation, i simultaneously refused to get out of bed for a snack. 

eventually i caved and walked into the kitchen, opening all our cupboards, and at long last, ending up in my beloved pantry, where i spotted a bag of cheetos - remnants from my first trimester snack cravings. as i opened the bag and began to make my way back to the bed, my beloved husband said, "don't you dare come into bed with those. you'll get crumbs everywhere." [sidenote: leaving a trail of crumbs everywhere is also a special pregnancy skill, soon to be added to my esteemed resume.]  and for emphasis, he closed the  door, and i heard him say, "just to be sure, i'm going to lock the door until you are finished eating those cheetos." too starved to argue, i stood outside my closed bedroom door munching away, thinking to myself, this must be fairly close to what outer darkness and the weeping and gnashing of teeth will feel like - banished, with all cheetos enjoyment taken away. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh just wait until nursing cravings hit. At about 10 every night I start prowling for whatever carby, sugary thing I can get my hands on. =/ Only has happened with my boys, interestingly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shif, the other day, david got a ransom note that if he ever wanted to see his son, he better take his wife to the cupcake store, where i proceeded to spend $35 on 10 cupcakes! slowly making my way through them now. i try to limit myself to half a cupcake a day.

      Delete
  2. you are hilarious. i particularly like your comment to shif about making your way through 10 cupcakes...how long do those things last?? we just started bradley classes so now i'm on proper diet vigilance but really i just want some taco bell :\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B, these cupcakes freeze very well! i'm sorry/jealous to hear you are on proper diet vigilance. when you are off of it, and come visit me, i will take you to the best cupcake store. and we won't have to share!

      Delete