checking in

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

we've been a little absent lately. i've been having an internal discussion and external one with the hubs about whether or not to keep blogging. you see, a few weeks back, we received a rather mean spirited email from someone we don't know and honestly it took the blogging wind out of me and i had to really consider, do i want to keep exposing my family to this kind of, not just nonsense, but downright nasty and malicious targeting? it would be easy to say, and yet impossible to do, "simply continue blogging but not about my family." this blog would become about nothing. literally nothing. a seinfeld version of my life, except extremely less comical. my family is my life. and they are my joy. they are the big things and the little mundane things, which, when woven together, piece by piece, make my life whole. so i have decided not to let the negative bring me down and take my joy away. happy wednesday morning. it's hump day and isn't that reason enough to celebrate?

oh yeah and this:



yup he's our squinty eyed bunny and the hubs and i love him. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh guuuuuuuuurl I know the feeling! I will tell you this: The feeling will pass. I took down a post in September last year because of the horrible, nasty comments I got from anonymousses galore. In the end, it's easy for anyone to say mean stuff online, but to your face? It would probably never happen. Remembering that brings very little solace to me whenever I write, but ignoring it and maintaining my authenticity in whatever I do seems to work pretty well. :) Also, don't stop blogging because the majority of your readers LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, CupcakesDC is right, the people who matter (myself being one of them of course;) love your blog! but still, that's awful that someone went out of their way to be mean. get a life people! love you.

    ReplyDelete