my latest handy work

Thursday, November 15, 2012

last week, i exchanged these texts with husband:

gracie: "Babe, don't yell at me. I scratched the car, pulling into our parking spot."
davey: "Seriously? how bad? and what does 'scratch' mean? Does it include dents?" (my husband the untrusting lawyer)


so far, it would seem that pregnant gracie does not have a good driving record. but in the grand scheme of things, at least i didn't wreck this one. and i guess it's a good thing we didn't end up getting the mercedes that hubby really wanted. something tells me if i had scratched up that baby, there would have been yelling, and much less forebearance.

p.s. here's me and baby at nineteen weeks


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also bumped our new Subaru only 3 days after owning it. :( It was a small dent in the bumper because I backed up into this pole that people use in a parking lot to block people from parking in their spot. Frank was very gracious to me though as I was in tears but he later also did a little number on the car so I'm sure Dave will too :) You look so cute - 19 weeks already, I guess you'll find out the sex soon no? Ours is due supposedly in less than 2 weeks, but it could be any day now!

      Delete
    2. the sonogram lady saw early on, around 12 weeks that we are having a boy, but we get confirmation on monday. i tried telling david that the solution to my pregnancy driving woes is to hire me a driver, then i can be all important-like for real!

      Delete
  2. cutie! how are you still fitting into jeans! i can't fit into a single one of my pants anymore:( so sad my work doesn't condone wearing sweats...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, those are definitely maternity jeans, with the panel that comes up to my boobs.

      Delete
  3. Gracie! You're looking fabulous and adorable all in one! So excited for you and David! I bet Joshi will be real jealous of the "other" child.

    ReplyDelete